COMING SOON: Electronic Edition of AWV Portfolio
Coming in mid-2013, our electronic edition will revolutionize the way you perform Annual Wellness Visits. For more details, Click Here
Medicare’s Annual Wellness Visit | AWV Portfolio
The Affordable Care Act passed in 2010 opened the door for physician’s offices to generate increased revenue from Medicare plans. Beginning in 2011, an Annual Wellness Visit became part of Medicare’s Plan B and Plan C coverage. To advocate preventive care, Medicare reimburses providers for these office visits that give patients a comprehensive health history and assessment of health risks.
AWV Portfolio System
Unless the AWV is conducted by Medicare guidelines
, a physician will not receive reimbursement. Our AWV Portfolio
allows offices to simply and easily perform these visits and receive full payment. We’ve designed a system that allows any licensed health professional to provide the Annual Wellness Visit.
Our AWV Portfolios offer patients a comprehensive Personal Health Record and a method of collecting and organizing their medical records.
Medicare’s Annual Wellness Visit (AWV)
The administrative and educational AWV assists the patient in understanding their current and future health risks. The visit must cover topics such as:
- Medical, surgical and family history
- Current medications (including OTC, PRN, herbal and supplements)
- Health care provider records
- Current immunizations schedule
- 5-10 year preventive screening schedule
- Health risk assessment
- Advanced directive information
- and more…
Steps for the Practice Administrator
If you’re managing a practice, the AWV Portfolio can make your life simpler and your job easier. The AWV Portfolio helps ensures that you’re conducting visits the proper way as required by Medicare. If you’d like to begin offering Annual Wellness Visits at your practice, below are the steps to take:
- Call us at (816) 866-5688 for a free AWV Consultation.
- Review training manual with your AWV-designated staff members.
- Begin scheduling Annual Wellness Visit appointments. Mail Health Risk Assessment (HRA) to patients about 2 weeks prior to visit.
- Prior to the scheduled appointment, the staff member performing the AWV will review the medical record & complete the forms in the portfolio prior to the visit.
- Once patient arrives for the visit, the nurse or other medical professional will meet with patient, review the information that’s already been completed and complete any other forms using the HRA.
- The health professional (and possibly also the physician) will discuss the forms and wellness plan with the patient.
- The patient leaves and takes the AWV Portfolio home. They may return for a subsequent visit in one year.
- You bill for the visit using code G0438 (first visit) or G0439 (subsequent visit.)
Call (816) 866-5688 to start offering the Medicare Annual Wellness Visit at your practice!
IHM was recently selected to participate in SparkLabKC, an entrepreneurial accelerator program, and Digital Sandbox KC also an entrepreneurial accelerator. As we prepare to release our e-AWV, the electronic version of the AWV Portfolio, we will be working closely with a select group of professionals and mentors to promote the...
After spending several days testing our new eAWV Portfolio System, I am extremely pleased with how intuitive and easy to use the eAWV is going to be. I sent it back to our programmers with a few ideas for improvements that should make the process even easier for users. Here’s...