After spending several days testing our new eAWV Portfolio System, I am extremely pleased with how intuitive and easy to use the eAWV is going to be. I sent it back to our programmers with a few ideas for improvements that should make the process even easier for users.
Here’s a quick rundown on how it will work:
- Each practice will assign an administrator who will oversee all the users in their practice. The administrator will also be in charge of purchasing additional ‘packets’ as needed.
- Setting up a user is as simple as assigning a username and password, and entering demographic information. The user is then ready to provide Annual Wellness Visits using the eAWV.
- When a user logs in, they will have the option of updating an existing eAWV patient or starting a new patient. A simple search by DOB or MedRec # will bring up an existing patient file.
- Patients are identified in our system only by your assigned MedRec number or their initials and DOB.
- Starting a new patient file is best done prior to the actual AWV. This gives the provider a chance to quickly enter:
- Medical/Surgical History
- Health Team Members
- Current referrals
- Then, during the actual AWV, the provider simply:
- Conducts the online Health Risk Assessment
- Reviews Medications for completeness
- Provides additional referrals as indicated
- Educates the patient and creates a wellness plan
- At the end of the visit, the provider prints the information for the patient which includes all the items required by Medicare. A printed or .pdf copy (condensed version) can be added to the patient medical record.
Every patient will have the option to call IHM and order a free copy of the AWV Portfolio so they can store their eAWV information as well as other medical information in one place.
I am really looking forward to sharing the eAWV Portfolio with all of you soon!!